Businesses are coupled with challenges in reaching out to their clients. In starting a business, the majority of clients would usually come from word of mouth or referrals. This is why businesses are seeking a bit more control over when and where their next client will come from.
In this exclusive webinar, Chalyse Elsasser, Senior Coach at MindMaven, provided actionable insights to generate more opportunities (in the form of referrals) that you will want for your business.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How to identify and leverage valuable people in your network with the highest likelihood of positively influencing your business
- The two factors that drive referrals to your doorstep that allows you to take control of inbound opportunities
- Five email templates that make it simple to stay top-of-mind, which allows you to access near-limitless opportunities from your network at any given time
- How to overcome the urgency of day-to-day life so you can focus on the things that move the needle most for your business
This Q&A-style discussion covered:
- How often can you reach out to someone without ruining your relationship
- Why you get no responses despite sending an email to your contacts frequently
- If we should send an email to someone before establishing a good working relationship with them
- The most effective way to get in touch with your network
C omplete the form to listen to our expert discuss how to generate breakthrough opportunities , and don't miss a recap of Part One ( 5 Challenges ICs Have in Building Relationships with Enterprise Clients ), Part Two ( Warm Email Prospecting: Cold Calling Without the 'Yuck Factor' ), Part Three ( How to Make & Keep Customers Happy ), Part Four ( Strategies for Billion Dollar Success Amidst Endless Innovation ), Part Five ( Creating, Maintaining & Growing Your Independent Business ), Part Six ( How to Become a Preferred Consultant for Top Enterprises ), Part Seven ( Land Federal Government Projects as an Independent Consultant ), Part Eight ( How to Sell Consulting Services in a Digital World ), Part Nine ( The Million-Dollar, One-Person Business ), and Part Eleven ( Crowdsource Innovation, Serve Clients Project Needs and Unleash Residual Income with MindSumo )